All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExtensive and detailed casework is the backbone of this meticulous in-the-trenches exploration of dissociative processes and their relation to affect theory, attachment, neurobiology and an emergent self-state dominated structure of mind. Building upon the theoretical and practical clinical perspectives in the first six chapters, and decidedly psychodynamic in its orientation, illustrations of the adjunctive use of hypsis, EMDR and somatic experiencing are woven into the subsequent clinical material. Multi-chapter vignettes and verbatim transcripts show the reader how to work with challenging core issues in treatment of the dissociative disorders: clinical impasse, sexual addiction, negativity, negative therapeutic reaction, object-coercive doubting, and enactment.
- Author BiographyRichard A. Chefetz, MD, is a psychiatrist in private practice in Washington, D.C. He was President of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (2002-3), and is a Distinguished Visiting Lecturer at the William Alanson White Institute of Psychiatry, Psychoanalysis, and Psychology. He is a faculty member at the Washington School of Psychiatry, the Institute of Contemporary Psychotherapy & Psychoanalysis, and theWashington Center for Psychoanalysis.
- Author(s)Richard A. Chefetz
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication10/04/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleNorton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight900 g
- Width168 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine40 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.