All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionG. E. M. Anscombe was one of the important philosophers of the twentieth century. Her most famous works are Intention and Modern Moral Philosophy and have given origin to the new branch called Philosophy of Action and have been an impetus for the revival of Virtue Ethics. This book studies G. E. M. Anscombe's evaluation of moral theories and moral actions based on her findings in Philosophical Psychology. The author argues that a moral evaluation solely from the point of view of intention is insufficient and looks for a way in which this insufficiency can be overcome. Taking inspiration from Martin Rhonheimer, he finds a way to overcome this insufficiency through concepts such as the moral object, the anthropological truth of man and the practical reason, which are other essential elements to be considered in moral evaluation in addition to intention.
- Author BiographyPathiaraj Rayappan is a Salesian of Don Bosco. He holds a Master in Philosophy from Jnana Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune, India, and a Master of Arts in Philosophy from Osmania University, Hyderabad, India. In 2010 he obtained a Doctorate in Philosophy from the Salesian Pontifical University, Rome. He is the Principal and Dean at Jnanodaya Salesian College, Yercaud, India. Rayappan is the editor of the Jnanodaya Journal of Philosophy and author of many articles.
- Author(s)Pathiaraj Rayappan
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication25/08/2010
- Series TitleEuropaische Hochschulschriften/European University Studies/Publications Universitaires Europeennes Reihe 20: Philosophie/Series 20: Philosophy/Serie 20: Philosophie
- Series Part/Volume Number738
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight410 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.