All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned to help students explore interactions in both personal and professional domains, and develop the specific skills necessary to creating and maintaining healthy relationships, Inter-Act: Interpersonal Communication Concepts, Skills, and Contexts, Fourteenth Edition, retains the features that have made this book so successful: a theory driven and skills-based focus, an accessible tone and presentation, and a multitude of useful pedagogical tools. For this edition, new coauthor Erina MacGeorge has brought her in-depth kwledge of current theory to bear on each chapter, thoroughly updating the material so that it reflects the current state of kwledge in the discipline. Lively and well-written, Inter-Act features numerous activities that enable students to relate their everyday experiences to their studies in communication. It also addresses readers' experiences of communicating across differences in individual identity, gender, and culture. With a strong focus on the importance of ethics, this leading text encourages students to develop their analytic abilities as they think critically about key concepts in interpersonal communication.
- Author BiographyKathleen S. Verderber is an emerita Associate Professor of Management at Northern Kentucky University. She has been writing textbooks for over 40 years working for many years with her husband Rudolph F. Verderber and now with other coauthors. Dr. Verderber is at heart a teacher and enjoys the writing process seeing it as teaching to a wider audience. In addition to writing, she has recently taken on the challenge of learning to play the harp. Dr. Verderber now lives in Naples, FL. Erina L. MacGeorge is an Associate Professor in the Department of Communication at Pennsylvania State University. She teaches and conducts research in Interpersonal and Health Communication, with a focus on supportive communication. Dr. MacGeorge loves to help undergraduates understand communication theory and develop communication skills that are useful in their personal and professional relationships. Off campus, Dr. MacGeorge enjoys reading fantasy and science fiction, taking long walks, and any kind of outing with her family.
- Author(s)Associate Professor Emeritus Kathleen S Verderber,Associate Professor Erina L Macgeorge
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight839 g
- Width203 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement14th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.