All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an exploration of the linguistic, structural, historical, and thematic relationships of religion and drama. It is t an attempt to sacralize drama so that it becomes a substitute for religion, r will it reduce religion to its aesthetic dimension. What does religion tell us about drama, and what does drama tell us about religion? What have been their inter-actions in our tradition? The conversation between religion and culture, drama and Christianity, needs to be ongoing. This book is a contribution to the dialogue, asking questions, pointing towards possible answers, and encouraging others to join in the conversation.
- Author BiographyNelvin Vos, emeritus professor of English at Muhlenberg College, is the author of of the Drama of Comedy and The Great Pendulum of Becoming: Images in Modern Drama. He has served as executive director of the Society for the Arts, Religion and Contemporary Culture since 1999.
- Author(s)Nelvin Vos
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication16/05/2009
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.