Inter-Asterisk Exchange (IAX): Deployment Scenarios in SIP-Enabled Networks by Mohamed Boucadair (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $149.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $185.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFind out how IAX can complement SIP to overcome complications encountered in current SIP-based communications Written by an expert in the field of telecommunications, this book describes the Inter-Asterisk Exchange protocol (IAX) and its operations, discussing the main characteristics of the protocol including NAT traversal, security, IPv6 support, interworking between IPv4 and IPv6, interworking with SIP and many others. The author presents the ways in which IAX can be activated so as to avoid complications such as NAT and the presence of intermediary boxes in operational architectures. This book analytically demonstrates the added values of IAX protocol compared to existing ones, while proposing viable deployment scenarios that assess the behavior of the protocol in operational networks. Key Features: Promotes a viable alternative protocol to ease deployment of multimedia services Analyses the capabilities of the IAX protocol and its ability to meet VoIP service provider requirements, and provides scenarios of introducing IAX within operational architectures Addresses the advantages and disadvantages of SIP, and Details the features of IAX that can help, in junction with SIP, to overcome various disadvantages of SIP Explores the added values of IAX protocol compared to existing protocols Discusses the compatibility of new adopted architectures and associated protocols This book will be a valuable reference for service providers, protocol designers, vendors and service implementers. Lecturers and advanced students computer science, electrical engineering and telecoms courses will also find this book of interest.
- Author BiographyMohamed Boucadair completed his degree at the Ecole Nationale Superieure d'Ingenieur de Caen (Institut des Sciences de la Matiere et des Rayonnements.) He currently works for France Telecom R&D and is part of the team working on VoIP services. He has previously been involved in IST research projects (TEQUILA, MESCAL, AGAVE), working on dynamic provisioning and inter-domain traffic engineering. Boucadair has also worked as an R&D engineer in charge of dynamic provisioning, QoS, multicast and intra/inter-domain traffic engineering. He has published many journal articles and written extensively on these subject areas.
- Author(s)Mohamed Boucadair
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/01/2009
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Series TitleWiley Series on Communications Networking and Distributed Systems
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight614 g
- Width176 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.