All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA book about interacting in its many forms--including the relationships between artworks and audiences, between creative practitioners from different disciplines, and between those practitioners and the norms of research in contemporary society--this account provides a unique perspective on these interacting elements. Combining creativity in art, design, and technology, this account demonstrates that there is much to recommend in the bringing of research into creative practice. It also shows that research itself can be transformed by way of creative practice.
- Author BiographyLinda Candy is an adjunct professor in the faculty of engineering and IT at the University of Technology in Sydney, Australia, and a member of the editorial board of the Art, Design & Communication in Higher Education journal. She is the cofounder of the ACM Creativity and Cognition conference series. Ernest Edmonds is a professor of computation and creative media at the University of Technology in Sydney, and a professor of computational art at De Montfort University in the UK. He is an artist researcher with more than 200 publications about computing, art, and creativity. He is the editor in chief of the journal Leonardo's Transactions and the author of The Separable User Interface. They are the coauthors of Explorations in Art and Technology. Roy Ascott is an artist and a leading figure in the fields of art, technology, and consciousness research. He is the founding president of the international research network Planetary Collegium based at Plymouth University.
- PublisherLibri Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationFaringdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLibri Publishing
- Weight726 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byErnest A. Edmonds,Linda Candy
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.