All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor decades there has been considerable interest in the ways that interactions between children can provide a beneficial context for the study of cognitive and social development. In this book Psaltis and Zapiti use both theoretical and empirical research to build on the perspectives of Piaget, Vygotsky, Moscovici, and others including the legacy of Gerard Duveen, to offer a state of the art account of research on the themes of social interaction and cognitive development. Interaction Communication and Development discusses the significance of social identities for social interaction and cognitive development. The empirical set of studies presented and discussed focus on patterns of communication between children as they work together to solve problems. Communications are examined in detail with a focus on: * Socio-cognitive conflict, conversational moves and conversation types * The way the different forms of the interactions relate to different sources of asymmetry in the classroom * The way social representations and social identities of gender are negotiated in the interaction This book provides an important account of how children develop through different kinds of social interactions. It will have considerable appeal for researchers in the fields of developmental psychology, socio-cultural psychology, social representations theory and education who wish to gain a deeper understanding of development and its relation to socio-cultural processes.
- Author BiographyCharis Psaltis is Assistant Professor of Social and Developmental Psychology at the University of Cyprus. Anna Zapiti is a Research Associate of the Genetic Social Psychology Lab of the University of Cyprus and a primary school teacher.
- Author(s)Anna Zapiti,Charis Psaltis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCultural Dynamics of Social Representation
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.