All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarly in 1989, while most of us were gathered in the Mediterranean five-centuries-old city of Alacant, the idea of a school on stopping and particle penetration phemena came to our minds. Later that year when discussing this plan with some of the participants in the 13th International Conference on Atomic Collisions in Solids in Aarhus, we were pleased to te that the proposal was warmly welcomed indeed by the community. An Advanced Study Institute on this or a related subject had t been organized in the last decade. Because of the progress made particularly in the interaction of high energy beams with matter, and the many applications which the general subject of the stopping of charged particles (ions and electrons) in matter enjoys, a Study Institute appeared a worthy enterprise. Even though several international conference series cover developments in these areas, they miss tutorial introductions to the field. The title chosen was Interaction of Charged Particles with Solids and Surfaces, and the objectives were stated as follows: to cover theory and experiments, including selected applications and hot topics, of the stopping of charged particles (ions and electrons) in matter. The emphasis will be on outlining the areas where further effort is needed, and on specifying the basic needs in applications. Fundamental concepts will prevail over applications, and the character of the Institute as a school will be stressed. The school was directed by Fernando Flores (Spain), Herbert M. Urbassek (Germany), Nestor R.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number271
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1370 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byAlberto Gras-Marti,Fernando Flores,M. Urbassek Herbert,R. Arista Nestor
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1991
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.