All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $28.34Free postage
- AU $29.18Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionJosef Albers's Interaction of Color is a masterwork in art education. Conceived as a handbook and teaching aid for artists, instructors, and students, this influential book presents Albers's singular explanation of complex color theory principles. Originally published by Yale University Press in 1963 as a limited silkscreen edition with 150 color plates, Interaction of Color first appeared in paperback in 1971, featuring ten color studies chosen by Albers, and has remained in print ever since. With over a quarter of a million copies sold in its various editions since 1963, Interaction of Color remains an essential resource on color, as pioneering today as when Albers first created it. Fifty years after Interaction's initial publication, this new edition presents a significantly expanded selection of close to sixty color studies alongside Albers's original text, demonstrating such principles as color relativity, intensity, and temperature; vibrating and vanishing boundaries; and the illusion of transparency and reversed grounds. A celebration of the longevity and unique authority of Albers's contribution, this landmark edition will find new audiences in studios and classrooms around the world.
- Author BiographyJosef Albers, one of the most influential artist-educators of the twentieth century, was a member of the Bauhaus group in Germany during the 1920s. In 1933 he came to the United States, where he taught at Black Mountain College for sixteen years. In 1950 he joined the faculty at Yale University as chairman of the department of design. Albers was elected to the National Institute of Arts and Letters in 1968 and was professor emeritus of art at Yale until his death in 1976. Nicholas Fox Weber is executive director of the Josef and Anni Albers Foundation.
- Author(s)Josef Albers
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication02/07/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note64 colour illustrations + 16 line drawings
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byNicholas Fox Weber
- Edition Statement50th Anniversary edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.