All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmerging environmental contaminants are newly identified or previously unrecognized pollutants, which primarily include human and veterinary pharmaceuticals and personal-care products, surfactants, plasticizers, flame retardants, metals and metalloids, various industrial additives, pesticides, and pesticide metabolites. The use of vel namaterials with unique characteristics has been demonstrated to increase the removal efficiency of emerging pollutants, which provides a promising strategy to control the distribution of environmental contaminants. In addition, namaterials also can serve as ideal platforms for precise and accurate detection and sensing of emerging contaminants in the environment and biological fluids; this is because of their vel characteristics on optical and electrochemical properties. The interactive research of namaterials with emerging environmental contaminants will improve our understanding of the implication and application of namaterials in the environment. This book is derived from the symposium Interactions of Namaterials with Emerging Environmental Contaminants at the 244th ACS National Meeting in Philadelphia during the fall of 2012 sponsored by the American Chemical Society (ACS) Division of Environmental Chemistry. Many topics addressing issues of interaction of emerging environmental pollutants with namaterials (including physical, photochemical, and biological interactions) were presented in this symposium, and they constitute the main content of this book. This book contains 12 peer-reviewed chapters that cover various aspects of interaction of various namaterials with environmental contaminants. These chapters can be organized into two major sections: (I) interaction of namaterials with biomolecules for biosensing and detection of contaminants (Chapter 1-4) and (II) interaction of namaterials with contaminants to enhance the removal efficiency and rate of emerging pollutants (Chapter 5-12).
- Author BiographyRuey-an Doong is affiliated with the Department of Biomedical Engineering and Environmental Sciences at National Tsing Hua University. Virender K. Sharma is affiliated with the Chemistry Department at the Florida Institute of Technology. Hyunook Kim is affiliated with the Department of Environmental Engineering at the University of Seoul.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication07/08/2014
- Series TitleACS Symposium Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight492 g
- Width163 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byHyunook Kim,Ruey-an Doong,Virender K. Sharma
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.