All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early twentieth century, The Eastern Buddhist journal pioneered the presentation of Buddhism to the west and encouraged the west's engagement in interpretation. This interactive process increased dramatically in the post-war period, when dialogue between Buddhist and Christian thought began to take off in earnest. These debates and dialogues brought in voices with a Zen orientation, influenced in part by the philosophical Buddhism of the Kyoto School. Also to be heard however were contributions from the Pure Land and the Shin Buddhist traditions, which also have a strong tradition in the city. The book brings together a wide range of authors who have significantly influenced subsequent Buddhist-Christian dialogue and the interaction between east and west.
- Author BiographyMichael Pye is Professor (ret.) at Marburg University and Guest Researcher at Otani University in Kyoto. His writings have ranged widely over the methodology of the study of religions, studies in Buddhist thought and many aspects of contemporary Japanese religion. His major publications include Skilful Means, A Concept in Mahayana Buddhism and Emerging from Meditation.
- PublisherEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleEastern Buddhist Voices
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMichael Pye
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.