All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs we continue to embrace a world where the lines between the physical and digital are increasingly blurred, we are beginning to see a maturing vision for architecture that actively participates in our lives. Our architectural environments are becoming so inextricably tied to our techlogical living trends that they begin to define each other in a corresponding manner. Such is a physical world that is t only digital, but that is also seamlessly networked and connected. IA: Adaptive World takes us inside the rapidly maturing landscape of projects and trends that have finally begun to catch up with the past. It encompasses both buildings and environments that have been designed to respond, adapt, change and come to life. The book highlights a selected number of groundbreaking projects with concise and simple descriptions that are beginning to define a new future of interaction. The projects include insight into the techlogy that will be an inevitable and completely integral part of how we will make our buildings and environments in the future. The projects are appropriately organized therefore t by how they are made or how they look, but rather by what they do; they Exhilarate, Communicate, Mediate, Evolve and Catalyze. The projects integrate contributions from the worlds of art, industrial design, computer programming, engineering, biology and physical computing. The book as a whole is a processes-oriented guide to creating dynamic, interactive buildings and environments. The built examples are presented in a way that they can be understood and built upon as a foundational toolbox whereby the processes of design can be useful to others interested in understanding more about the invative intersection of interaction and our built environment. It is intended that this book serves to spawn invation in interactive architecture by t just highlighting a series of projects and clarifying how they were designed but that it acts as a catalyst for thinking about how our buildings and environments can truly impact our lives.
- Author BiographyMichael Fox is a founder and principal of Fox Lin Inc. In 1998, Fox founded the Kinetic Design Group at MIT as a sponsored research group to investigate interactive architecture. In 2001, he founded Odesco (Ocean Design Collaborative) in Venice California from which the office of Fox Lin has evolved. Prior to founding OdescO, he served as an assistant to engineer and inventor Chuck Hoberman in New York, and as a design team leader for Kitamura Associates in Tokyo, Japan.
- Author(s)Michael Fox,Miles Kemp
- PublisherPrinceton Architectural Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- Series TitleArchitecture Briefs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Architectural Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width178 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsColoring / join-the-dot book
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.