All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChildren want to make their mark - on paper, on any surface, in life. But the difficulties of transferring words to paper can be daunting eugh to drown out even the most enthusiastic voice. Enter interactive writing, a new instructional approach in which teachers and children collaborate to produce a written text. Just as Fountas and Pinnell did in their best-selling Guided Reading, the authors offer powerful first teaching designed to accelerate and support children's critical understanding of the writing process. Interactive Writing is specifically focused on the early phases of writing, and has special relevance to prekindergarten, kindergarten, grade 1 and 2 teachers. In a clear, step-by-step format, the authors show how teachers can use interactive writing to teach a range of foundational literacy skills by sharing the pen with young writers:
- letter learning
- phological and orthographic awareness
- learning the nature of words
- building a writing vocabulary
- learning concepts about print
- organizing and composing narrative and expository text.
- Author(s)Andrea McCarrier,Gay Su Pinnell,Irene C. Fountas
- PublisherHeinemann USA
- Date of Publication14/10/1999
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinemann Educational Books,U.S.
- Content Notebibliographical references, index
- Weight760 g
- Width216 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.98Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.