Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume focuses on the intercultural constitution of the American continent, especially the interactions of indigeus native with European, African and Asian cultures in North America, from Puritanism to the 21st century. In an interdisciplinary dialogue of European and American critics, the contributions discuss immediate and long-range effects of intercultural encounters between settlers and ethnic groups, between immigrants and the Anglo-American mainstream society of the United States in literary, linguistic, architectural and visual expressions. The role of the media in the process of intercultural mediation as a specific feature of American culture is the topic of analyses of Ralph W. Emerson, American folk art, Irish drama, musicals, Bollywood films, and TV shows. 'Intercultural America' documents the need for a transnational form of American Studies.
- PublisherUniversitatsverlag Winter
- Date of Publication11/01/2007
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleAmerican Studies - A Monograph
- Series Part/Volume Number152
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintUniversitatsverlag Winter
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight417 g
- Edited byAlfred Hornung
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.