All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRoutledge Applied Linguistics is a series of comprehensive textbooks, providing students and researchers with the support they need for advanced study in the core areas of English language and Applied Linguistics. Each book in the series guides readers through three main sections, enabling them to explore and develop major themes within the discipline. * Section A, Introduction, establishes the key terms and concepts and extends readers' techniques of analysis through practical application. * Section B, Extension, brings together influential articles, sets them in context, and discusses their contribution to the field. * Section C, Exploration, builds on kwledge gained in the first two sections, setting thoughtful tasks around further illustrative material. This enables readers to engage more actively with the subject matter and encourages them to develop their own research responses. Throughout the book, topics are revisited, extended, interwoven and deconstructed, with the reader's understanding strengthened by tasks and follow-up questions. This highly-successful text introduces and explores the dynamic area of intercultural communication, and the updated third edition features: * new readings by Prue Holmes, Fred Dervin, Lei Guo and Summer Harlow, Miriam Sobre-Denton and Nilanjana Bardhan, which reflect the most recent developments in the field * refreshed and expanded examples and exercises including new material on the world of business, radicalisation and cultural fundamentalism * extended discussion of topics which include cutting-edge material on cosmopolitanism, immigrants' intercultural communication and cultural travel * revised further reading Written by experienced teachers and researchers in the field, Intercultural Communication, Third edition provides an essential textbook for advanced students studying this topic.
- Author BiographyAdrian Holliday is Professor of Applied Linguistics at Canterbury Christ Church University, UK. John Kullman is a Principal Lecturer in the Department of English and Language Studies at Canterbury Christ Church University, UK. Martin Hyde is Director of Operations for Student Recruitment and Events at PlattForm Education UK.
- Author(s)Adrian Holliday,John Kullman,Martin Hyde
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleRoutledge Applied Linguistics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note21 black & white tables, 14 black & white line drawings
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.