All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionBusiness is w global and people are advised to charge across cultures like the world were one flat playing field. Employees who take their own ways for granted and igre specific differences to their colleagues from other cultures are set up to fail. People from different cultures have different preferences and definitions of appropriate behaviour which, in turn, define and impact their abilities to be successful. But globalization requires effective collaboration across cultures; we must therefore embark on a journey of self discovery and learning about the target culture to acquire competent intercultural communication skills. This resource book is designed to be used in a corporate or MBA seminar, but will also benefit an individual keen on acquiring intercultural competence. It is an intercultural toolkit and compares 50 national cultures on their intercultural dimensions. It further gives specific information on China, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Italy, U.K., and U.S.A.; the book also features 25 tasks, exercises, and case studies.
- Author BiographyWolfgang Messner is Associate Professor of International Management at MYRA School of Business and Director of GloBus Research. He has been in senior management positions with leading companies (BMW Group, Capgemini, Deutsche Bank, The Information Management Group IMG) in Europe and India; he has also taught as Adjunct Faculty at WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management, Royal Docks Business School (University of East London), and the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore. Wolfgang holds a doctorate in Marketing from the University of Kassel, an MBA from the University of Wales, and a Master's degree in Informatics after studies at the Technical University Munich and the University of Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Author(s)Wolfgang Messner
- Date of Publication06/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.