All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume originates from the editors interest in one of the most relevant fields of research these days: Intercultural and International Business Communication. The needs of the business world to communicate effectively at an international level in order to overcome language differences have proved to be a fascinating topic for many scholars. International business discourse is culturally-situated and therefore context-dependent, and all three discourse, culture and context play a key role in the communication process. The present contributions analyse this topic under the perspective of theory, research and teaching. Different scholars have offered their views on the subject, presenting contributions on different areas related to business communication all over the world.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Juan C. Palmer-Silveira, Ph.D., lectures and carries out research at Universitat Jaume I (Castellon, Spain). He is involved in teaching English for Business Communication. He is the author of international books and articles. His main research interests are in the fields of academic and professional English. Miguel F. Ruiz-Garrido, Ph.D., is a lecturer and researcher at Universitat Jaume I (Castellon, Spain), where he teaches English Language and English for Business Communication. His main research interests are in the fields of English for academic purposes and English for professional purposes. Inmaculada Fortanet-Gomez, Ph.D., is a lecturer and researcher at Universitat Jaume I (Castellon, Spain), where she coordinates the Group of Research on Academic and Professional English (GRAPE). Her current research interests are related to academic and professional English. She has authored and edited several articles and books on EAP/ESP.
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number38
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2006
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight510 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byJuan Carlos Palmer-Silveira,Miguel F. Ruiz-Garrido
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.