All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume offers a state-of-the-art view of research into interdisciplinarity, language and Information and Communication Techlogy (ICT) by providing an overview of teaching proposals within a university context. Interdisciplinarity is understood here as how language expresses the discourse and lexis of specialised kwledge in science, techlogy and the professions. Language helps in the creation of these different fields and constitutes a strategic tool that, if harnessed correctly, will facilitate competitiveness on an international level in order to boost techlogical, scientific, ecomic and educational growth. Interdisciplinarity, language and ICTs should be taken into account to address the real needs of industry, commerce and translation in educational institutions and the professions. The contributions in this volume address themes that are crucial to the demands of modern society: intercultural business communications, one of the most challenging areas of specialised discourse and commerce; ICT and specialised translation, a current issue of the utmost relevance; termilogy applied to translation; language acquisition in virtual environments; training interpreters through ICT; exploring the commercial needs of language industries; corpus-based research and ICT applications in specialised dictionaries; university e-learning courses; and the state of research on specialised languages in Latin America.
- Author BiographyFrancisca Suau-Jimenez is Senior Lecturer in English Language and Linguistics at the Universitat de Valencia, Spain, as well as director of the Instituto Interuniversitario de Lenguas Modernas Aplicadas (IULMA) at the same university. Barry Pennock-Speck is Senior Lecturer in English Language and Linguistics in the Instituto Interuniversitario de Lenguas Modernas Aplicadas (IULMA) at the Universitat de Valencia, Spain, and the co-ordinator of ICT and languages at IULMA.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication12/05/2011
- Series TitleContemporary Studies in Descriptive Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume Number30
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note99, ill., tables and graphs
- Weight340 g
- Edited byBarry Pennock-Speck,Francisca Suau-Jimenez
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.