Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionInterdisciplinary Measures makes the case for a cross-disciplinary, but literature-centred, approach to postcolonial studies. Despite the anxieties that interdisciplinarity brings with it, a combination of different, discontinuously structured disciplinary kwledges is arguably best suited to address the tangled concerns of both the globalised present and the colonial past. The book looks specifically at the intersections between literary criticism, history, anthropology, geography and environmental studies, while arguing more specifically for a postcolonialism across the disciplines in the service of informed (cross-) cultural critique. Bringing together a wide range of literary material from Africa, Australia, Canada, the Caribbean, New Zealand and South Asia, the book also considers the different, but sometimes related, cultural contexts within which the key debates in postcolonial studies e.g. those around globalisation, North-South relations and the new imperialism are currently taking place. These debates suggest the need for a multi-sited, multilinguistic and, t least, multidisciplinary appraoch to postcolonial studies that consolidates its status as a comparative field.
- Author BiographyGraham Huggan is Professor of Postcolonial and Commonwealth Literatures at the University of Leeds. He is author of the influential volume The Postcolonial Exotic (Routledge, 2001) among many previous books.
- Author(s)Graham Huggan
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitlePostcolonialism Across the Disciplines
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationLiverpool
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLiverpool University Press
- Weight482 g
- Width163 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.