All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInterdisciplinary Perspectives on Learning to Read brings together different disciplinary perspectives and studies on reading for all those who seek to extend and enrich the current practice, research and policy debates. The breadth of kwledge that underpins pedagogy is a central theme and the book will help educators, policy-makers and researchers understand the full range of research perspectives that must inform decisions about the development of reading in schools. The book offers invaluable insights into learners who do t achieve their full potential. The chapters have been written by key figures in education, psychology, sociology and neuroscience, and promote discussion of: * comprehension * gender and literacy attainment * phonics and decoding * digital literacy at home and school * bilingual learners and reading * dyslexia and special educational needs * evidence based literacy * visual texts. This book encompasses a comprehensive range of conceptual perspectives on reading pedagogy and offers a wealth of new insights to support invative research directions.
- Author BiographyKathy Hall is Professor of Education and Head of the School of Education at University College Cork. Usha Goswami is Professor of Education at the University of Cambridge and a Fellow of St John's College, Cambridge. Colin Harrison has a personal chair in Literacy Studies in Education at the University of Nottingham. Sue Ellis is Reader in Literacy and Language in the Department of Childhood and Primary Studies at the University of Strathclyde. Janet Soler is Senior Lecturer at the Open University, where she teaches and publishes on literacy education and literacy policy.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/03/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge Psychology in Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byColin Harrison,Janet Soler,Kathy Hall,Sue Ellis,Usha Claire Goswami
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.