All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.76
- AU $31.28Trending at AU $42.66
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $30.43
- AU $31.79Trending at AU $50.02
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $17.64
About this product
- Description'Interdisciplinarity' has become a rallying cry among funders and leaders of research. Yet, while the creative potential of interdisciplinary research is great, it poses many challenges. If you don't have disciplinary boundaries, how do you decide what to include or leave out? And what are the parameters for evaluating the research? This book provides a practical guide for researchers and research managers who are seeking to develop interdisciplinary research strategies at a personal, institutional and multi-institutional level. The book draws on examples from across the social and natural sciences but also offers valuable lessons for other combinations of more proximate disciplines. At a time when interdisciplinary research is increasingly centre stage in the research agenda, this book offers a crucial practical guide for researchers, research funders and managers from all backgrounds and contexts.
- Author BiographyCatherine Lyall is Deputy Director of Innogen at The Centre for Science, Technology and Innovation at the University of Edinburgh, UK. Together with her co-authors, Ann Bruce, Joyce Tait and Laura Meagher, their experience spans research centres, industry, NGOs and university contexts. Their work is devoted to advancing an understanding of science and technology policy formation and strategic decision-making.
- Author(s)Ann Bruce,Catherine Lyall,Joyce Tait,Laura Meagher
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/06/2011
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content NoteOne table, graph and line diagram per chapter
- Weight539 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.