Interfaces in Linguistics: New Research Perspectives by Oxford University Press (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $70.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the interaction of grammatical components in a wide variety of languages, and presents and exemplifies new experimental and analytic techniques for studying linguistic interfaces. Speaking a language requires access to the different aspects of its grammar - semantic, syntactic, phological, pragmatic, morphological, and phonetic. Kwing how these interact is crucial to understanding the operations of any specific language and to the explanation of how language in general operates in the mind. The new research presented here combines theoretical and experimental perspectives on one of the most productive fields in contemporary linguistics. After the editors' introduction the volume is organized along four themes: the structural properties of sentences interfacing with meaning and the lexicon; internal word structure and its effect on the syntactic and phological components; the syntax-phology interface and its relation to the phonetics-phology interface; and the implications of interfaces for language acquisition and language processing. The book will interest theoretical linguists and all those in linguistics and cognitive science working on the mental operations of language.
- Author BiographyRaffaella Folli is a lecturer in Linguistics at the University of Ulster. Her research interests are theoretical and comparative syntax and language processing with special focus on the syntax-lexicon and syntax-semantics interfaces. She has published work in Linguistic Inquiry, Lingua, TICS among others, as well as in many edited volumes. Christiane Ulbrich is a lecturer in Linguistics at the University of Ulster. She has worked on segmental and prosodic characteristics in varieties of German. Her current research focuses on the contribution of segments and prosody in second language acquisition at the interface of phonetics and phonology. She is the author of Phonetische Untersuchungen zur Prosodie der Standardvarietaten des Deutschen (Phonetic investigation of prosody in standard varieties of German) (Peter Lang, 2005).
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication17/12/2010
- Series TitleOxford Studies in Theoretical Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 31
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures, charts, graphs
- Weight686 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byChristiane Ulbrich,Rafaella Folli
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.