Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionInterim Ministry: Positive Change in a Time of Transition contains in-depth case studies of two short-term interim appointments. This work goes well beyond simply offering theories and methodologies on how to do interim ministry. Instead it details concrete examples of how the initial goals of the interim pastor may be implemented through programs, group interaction, pastoral care, sermons, and written communication. The first interim appointment followed the death of a beloved pastor after a two-year battle with cancer. The second interim began in the midst of a church meltdown following an appointment change of senior pastor. Both interim appointments began in a time of crisis-the first marked by deep grief and the second saturated with disillusionment and even some despair. In spite of the initial environments of high anxiety and discouragement, both churches were able to regain a sense of hope and redefine or reclaim their church identity. Indeed both churches experienced real positive change in the midst of very difficult circumstances. This book was written to be a catalyst for professional reflection and to serve as a model for being a transformational agent for churches in need of a more hopeful and fruitful future.
- Author BiographyThe Rev. Doctor Justin Tull served as a United Methodist pastor in North Texas area for 37 years. Since then he has served as interim senior pastor in two churches and is presently pursuing becoming a lead trainer for interim ministry. Dr. Tull has received three degrees from Perkins School of Theology: a Master of Theology, a Master of Sacred Theology, and a Doctor of Ministry in preaching. Dr. Tull is the author of three books: Why, God, Why? Sermons on the Problem of Pain ; Christmas Journeys: Finding Joy along the Way and Wrestlings, Wonders, and Wanderers.
- Author(s)Justin W Tull
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.