All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe practice of interior design has become ever more specialised as new techlogies have expanded how designers can use light, space, colour and decoration. At the same time, the study of the interior - private, public and corporate - has become a complex field. Interior design is w a rich and sophisticated discipline which draws on many others: psychology, cultural theory, philosophy, gender studies, anthropology, and history, as well as design history, architecture, art and craft, furniture, and fashion. Interior Design presents a critical introduction to contemporary theory and practice. The book highlights the key concepts behind the study of interiors in order to present an inter-disciplinary overview of the subject. Always aware that design is a practical discipline, the book is illustrated throughout with examples and detailed case studies of interior design practice.
- Author BiographyClive Edwards is Professor of Design History at Loughborough University and is author of Turning Houses into Homes and The Encyclopaedia of Furnishing Textiles, Floorcoverings and Furnishings.
- Author(s)Clive Edwards
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight728 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.