All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Stammers has a poetic mind original eugh to read the most mundane and familiar events as great portents and wonders, and an eye clear eugh to uncover the surreal when it's right under our ses. Stammers' third collection is a vast map of an imaginative space that coincides with the kwn world, but radically changes the way we perceive it. Interior Night sees a restlessly eclectic mind engaged with the whole range of human creation, from our cultural icons to our cultural detritus. There are also dramatic mologues from the dark worlds of poverty and addiction, as well as typically unsettling run-ins with the shades of Rimbaud, Sterne and Keats. Stammers has focused all his celebrated daring and oblique strategie to produce a book of great emotional candour and seriousness.
- Author BiographyJohn Stammers read philosophy at King's College London and is an Associate of Kings' College. His first collection, Panoramic Lounge-bar, was awarded the Forward Prize for Best First Collection 2001 and shortlisted for the Whitbread Poetry Award 2001. His second collection, Stolen Love Behaviour, was a Poetry Book Society Choice. He was Judith E. Wilson Fellow at the University of Cambridge. He is a creative writing tutor and freelance writer. He lives in Hampstead, London with his wife Isolde and their sons Jay and Freddie.
- Author(s)John Stammers
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/04/2010
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight454 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest Age16
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $99.21
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.