All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book H.D. Adamson reviews scholarship in sociolinguistics and second language acquisition, comparing theories of variation in first and second-language speech, with special attention to the psychological underpinnings of variation theory. Interlanguage is what second language learners speak. It contains syntactic, morphological and phological patterns that are t those of either the first or the second language, and which can be analyzed using the principles and techniques of variation theory. Interlanguage Variation in Theoretical and Pedagogical Perspective: * relates the emerging field of variation in second language learners' speech (interlanguage) to the established field of variation in native speakers' speech * relates the theory of linguistic variation with psycholinguistic models of language processing * relates sociolinguistic variation theory to the theory of Cognitive Grammar * suggests teaching applications that follow from the theoretical discussion At the forefront of scholarship in the fields of interlanguage and variation theory scholarship, this book is directed to graduate students and researchers in applied English linguistics and second language acquisition, especially those with a background in sociolinguistics.
- Author BiographyH.D. Adamson is Professor of English at the University of Arizona, where he has served as the Director of the Ph.D. Program in Second Language Acquisition and Teaching. He has taught English as a second or foreign language in Ethiopia, Spain, and the United States.
- Author(s)H. D. Adamson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/03/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note26 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.