About this product
- DescriptionThe Rockswold/Krieger algebra series fosters conceptual understanding by using relevant applications and visualization to show students why math matters. It answers the common question When will I ever use this? Rockswold teaches students the math in context, rather than including the applications at the end of the presentation. By seamlessly integrating meaningful applications that include real data and supporting visuals (graphs, tables, charts, colors, and diagrams), students are able to see how math impacts their lives as they learn the concepts. The authors believe this approach deepens conceptual understanding and better prepares students for future math courses and life.
- Author BiographyGary Rockswold has been a professor and teacher of mathematics, computer science, astronomy, and physical science for over 35 years. He has taught not only at the undergraduate and graduate college levels, but he has also taught middle school, high school, vocational school, and adult education. He received his BA degree with majors in mathematics and physics from St. Olaf College and his Ph.D. in applied mathematics from Iowa State University. He has been a principal investigator at the Minnesota Supercomputer Institute, publishing research articles in numerical analysis and parallel processing and is currently an emeritus professor of mathematics at Minnesota State University, Mankato. He is an author for Pearson Education and has over 10 current textbooks at the developmental and precalculus levels. His developmental coauthor and friend is Terry Krieger. They have been working together for over a decade. Making mathematics meaningful for students and professing the power of mathematics are special passions for Gary. In his spare time he enjoys sailing, doing yoga, and spending time with his family. Additional information about Gary Rockswold can be found at www.garyrockswold.net. Terry Krieger has taught mathematics for 18 years at the middle school, high school, vocational, community college and university levels. His undergraduate degree in secondary education is from Bemidji State University in Minnesota, where he graduated summa cum laude. He received his MA in mathematics from Minnesota State University - Mankato. In addition to his teaching experience in the United States, Terry has taught mathematics in Tasmania, Australia, and in a rural school in Swaziland, Africa, where he served as a Peace Corps volunteer. Terry is currently teaching at Rochester Community and Technical College in Rochester, Minnesota. He has been involved with various aspects of mathematics textbook publication for more than 14 years and has joined his friend Gary Rockswold as coauthor of a developmental math series published by Pearson Education. In his free time, Terry enjoys spending time with his wife and two boys, physical fitness, wilderness camping, and trout fishing.
- Author(s)Gary K. Rockswold,Terry A. Krieger
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication27/12/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1928 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement4th edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.39Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $30.09
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.