All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionIntermediate Cantonese is designed for learners who have achieved basic proficiency and wish to progress to more complex language. Each of the 25 units combines clear, concise grammar explanations with communicatively-oriented exercises to help build confidence and fluency. * Suitable for independent learners and students on taught courses * Many authentic examples from contemporary media, including films, advertising, songs and soap operas * Clear distinction between colloquial and more formal speech registers * Teaches contemporary Cantonese as spoken in Hong Kong Intermediate Cantonese and its sister volume, Basic Cantonese, form a structured course of the essentials of Cantonese grammar.
- Author BiographyVirginia Yip is Associate Professor at the Department of Modern Languages and Intercultural Studies, Chinese University of Hong Kong. Stephen Matthews lectures at the Department of Linguistics at the University of Hong Kong. They are the authors of Basic Cantonese: A Grammar and Workbook (1999) and Cantonese: A Comprehensive Grammar (1994), both from Routledge.
- Author(s)Stephen Matthews,Virginia Yip
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/09/2000
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleGrammar Workbooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date23/02/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.