All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book has sufficient material for two semester-length courses in intermediate engineering dynamics. For the first course, a Newton-Euler approach is used, followed by a Lagrangrian approach in the second. Using some ideas from differential geometry, the equivalence of these two approaches is illuminated throughout the text. In addition, this book contains comprehensive treatments of the kinematics and dynamics of particles and rigid bodies. The subject matter is illuminated by numerous, highly structured examples and exercises featuring a wide range of applications and numerical simulations.
- Author BiographyOliver M. O'Reilly is a Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of California, Berkeley. His research interests lie in continuum mechanics and nonlinear dynamics, specifically in the dynamics of rigid bodies and particles, Cosserat and directed continua, dynamics of rods, history of mechanics, and vehicle dynamics. O'Reilly is the author of numerous archival publications and of Engineering Dynamics: A Primer.
- Author(s)Oliver M. O'Reilly
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/08/2008
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note111 b/w illus.
- Weight920 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.