All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for an advanced undergraduate or first-year graduate course, Intermediate Heat Transfer starts with the basics, and puts emphasis on formulating problems, obtaining solutions, and analyzing results using analytical, and numerical methods with the aid of spreadsheets and CFD software. The text employs ndimensionalization as a tool for simplifying the governing equations, developing additional insights into the physics of the problems, identifying the relevant parameters, and arriving at general solutions. It provides comprehensive coverage of the topics and develops the skills for solving heat transfer problems using numerical methods with the aid of spreadsheets and computational fluid mechanics software. * Presents coverage of convective, conductive, and radiative heat transfer at the graduate level * Provides a balance of analytical and numerical approaches to advanced heat transfer * Stresses ndimensionalization throughout the book as a tool for simplifying the governing equations The author presents detailed numerical solutions to many advanced problems using spreadsheets, although the methods presented for obtaining solutions can be can also be implemented using equation solvers and computing environments, or direct programming using languages such as Fortran or C. The text contains a chapter on CFD to provide the necessary background for obtaining and analyzing CFD solutions. It includes a number of step-by-step tutorials for solving more complicated problems using Fluent, both to show how CFD codes are used as well as a further check of some of the more commonly used assumptions. The text also has extensive coverage of heat exchangers, including being the first text to cover the heat exchanger efficiency for the design and analysis of heat exchangers. This approach eliminates the need for complicated charts or equations. The chapter on mass transfer and chemically reactive flows provides the background needed for modeling of combustion problems. This book fills the gap between the undergraduate heat transfer course and specialized advanced courses like conduction, convection, radiation, and mass transfer. Much has changed in the field of heat transfer, in what is taught, and how it is presented. An important change has been a shift away from advanced analytical techniques, to more reliance on numerical solutions, which also broadens the topics that are covered in these courses.
- Author BiographyDr. Ahmad Fakheri is a professor of mechanical engineering at Bradley University. He received his undergraduate and graduate degrees, all in mechanical engineering, from the University of Illinois in Urbana/Champaign. His teaching and research interests are in the area of thermal sciences. Since 1985, he has taught many different undergraduate and graduate-level courses, developed four new ones-including an intermediate heat transfer course-and published over 50 refereed papers. Dr. Fakheri has served in a number of leadership positions at Bradley University and in the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and is a fellow of the ASME.
- Author(s)Ahmad Fakheri
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication16/07/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note356 black & white illustrations, 51 black & white tables
- Weight1519 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.