All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the intermediate level of this highly-acclaimed new series, learners will continue to study the Japanese language through an engaging story line which slowly unfolds over the arc of the text, keeping things interesting and adding the motivation needed to master new material. The emphasis in Intermediate Japanese is on real-life situations drawn from contemporary Japanese culture and authentic written, visual and oral materials embedded in the lessons. This multimedia approach is a great way to learn Japanese. Available in both hardcover and paperback, Intermediate Japanese includes an accompanying audio disc, and free web-based multimedia resources with additional exercises. A separate Workbook is available with corresponding one-of-a-kind practice activities. What makes this series so popular? The focus is very visual. The book's narrative is told with manga-style story pages, and the CD_ROM uses colorful video. Authentic written, visual, and oral materials are embedded very naturally throughout the book. Independent learners and classroom students alike will find this an accessible and upbeat way to master contemporary Japanese. Kanji characters are emphasized here more than in other textbooks and are taught as an integral part of learning Japanese spoken vocabulary, rather than separately. By the end of this book, learners will have mastered 149 additional kanji, for a cumulative total of 300 kanji.
- Author BiographyMichael L. Kluemper was a JET Program participant from 1990-93 in Akita-ken, and has been teaching about Japanese language and culture since that time. Serving as a board member for the National Council of Japanese Language Teachers from 2001-08, Kluemper served as president, newsletter editor, and on national task forces for the implementation of a Japanese AP course, National Board Certification for teachers, and various advocacy campaigns. Kluemper teaches Japanese at the high school level at Ballard High School in Louisville, KY. Lisa Berkson has been teaching Japanese language at the high school level for eight years. After earning her teaching certificate, Berkson led the Japanese language program at Warren Central High School, in Indianapolis, IN, for seven years. She currently teaches Japanese and Chinese language classes at Dobson High School in Mesa, Arizona.
- Author(s)Lisa Berkson,Michael L Kluemper
- PublisherPeriplus Editions
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationNrorth Clarendon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeriplus Editions
- Weight499 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.