All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is complete Japanese textbook and learning package for intermediate level students. In the intermediate level of this highly-acclaimed new series, learners will continue to study Japanese through an engaging story line which slowly unfolds over the arc of the text, keeping things interesting and adding the motivation needed to master new material. This story based approach is a great way to learn Japanese. The emphasis in Intermediate Japanese is on real-life situations drawn from contemporary Japanese culture and authentic written, visual and oral materials embedded in the lessons. Available in both hardcover and paperback, Intermediate Japanese includes an accompanying audio disc, and free web-based multimedia resources with additional exercises. A separate Workbook is available with corresponding one-of-a-kind practice activities. Key features of this program:
- The focus is very visual. The book's narrative is told with manga-style story pages, and the CD ROM uses colorful video.
- Authentic written, visual, and oral materials are embedded very naturally throughout the book.
- Independent learners and classroom students alike will find this an accessible and upbeat way to master contemporary Japanese.
- Kanji characters are emphasized here more than in other textbooks and are taught as an integral part of learning Japanese spoken vocabulary, rather than separately.
- By the end of this book, learners will have mastered 149 additional kanji, for a cumulative total of 300 kanji.
- Native Japanese language speakers.
- Pronunciation guides for all new words.
- Accompanying dialogues.
- Online games and activities.
- Additional information and updates.
- Downloadable Hiragana Practice Book, Katakana Practice Book, kana practice sheets.
- Downloadable kanji and kana flash cards.
- Author BiographyMichael L. Kluemper was a JET Program participant from 1990-93 in Akita-ken, and has been teaching about Japanese language and culture since that time. Serving as a board member for the National Council of Japanese Language Teachers from 2001-08, Kluemper served as president, newsletter editor, and on national task forces for the implementation of a Japanese AP course, National Board Certification for teachers, and various advocacy campaigns. Kluemper teaches Japanese at the high school level at Ballard High School in Louisville, KY. Lisa Berkson has been teaching Japanese language at the high school level for eight years. After earning her teaching certificate, Berkson led the Japanese language program at Warren Central High School, in Indianapolis, IN, for seven years. She currently teaches Japanese and Chinese language classes at Dobson High School in Mesa, Arizona.
- Author(s)Michael L. Kluepmer
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication06/01/2012
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content NoteMore Than 500 Colour and Black and White Illustrations and Manga-Style Story Pages
- Weight1542 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
- AU $15.69Trending at AU $23.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.