All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionFor readers of Robot Building for Beginner (Apress, 2002 and 2009), welcome to the next level. Intermediate Robot Building, Second Edition offers you the kind of real-world kwledge that only rewned author David Cook can offer. In this book, you'll learn the value of a robot heartbeat and the purpose of the wavy lines in photocells. You'll find out what electronic part you should sand. You'll discover how a well-placed switch can help a robot avoid obstacles better than a pair of feelers. And you'll avoid mistakes that can cause a capacitor to explode. Want a robot that can explore rooms, follow lines, or battle opponents in mini-sumo? This book presents step-by-step instructions and circuit and part descriptions so that you can build the robot featured in the book or apply the modules to your own robot designs. Finally, you'll find the complete schematics for Roundabout, a room explorer that requires programming and uses only off-the-shelf electronics. With Roundabout, you'll use many of the same techniques used by professional robotics engineers, and you'll experience many of the same challenges and joys they feel when a robot comes to life.
- Author BiographyDavid Cook is an engineering manager at Motorola. He has 20 years of experience as a software developer, creating everything from award-winning computer games to mobile background-check applications for police. Self-taught in electronics and basic mechanics, David explains his years of robot experiences to the average backyard scientist in a comfortable and helpful manner, without scholarly intimidation. David hosts the popular robot site RobotRoom.com.
- Author(s)David Cook
- Date of Publication25/05/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notebiography
- Weight886 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2010
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.