All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA how-to guide to small business anti-fraud protection and internal control Internal Control/Anti-Fraud Program Design for the Small Business is a practical guide to protection for businesses NOT subject to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Written by an expert with three decades of forensic investigation experience, this book is geared specifically toward private, n-public small businesses and their unique needs in the realm of fraud protection. Covering all elements of an internal control structure applicable to the small business community, this guide provides a step-by-step roadmap for designing and implementing an effective, efficient internal control structure/anti-fraud program tailored to your business's particular needs. Case studies are used throughout to illustrate internal control weaknesses and the fraud that can result, and follow-up analysis describes the controls that would have reduced the probability of fraud had they been in place. You'll learn how to analyze your company's internal control issues, and implement a robust system for fraud prevention. Guidance toward Sarbanes-Oxley compliance is readily available, but there is little information available for the many businesses t subject to the act until w. This book is the step-by-step guide for instituting an internal control program tailored to your small business. * Understand the five elements of internal control * Avoid gaps in protection with relevant controls * Design the ultimate anti-fraud program * Implement internal control tailored to your needs The majority of small business owners simply do t kw the elements of or implementation process involved in internal control, and Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines don't necessarily scale down. Internal Control/Anti-Fraud Program Design for the Small Business helps you design and install the internal control/anti-fraud protection your business needs.
- Author BiographySTEVE DAWSON, CPA, CFE, is president and founder of Dawson Forensic Group, a firm devoted to the investigation of fraud and the education of the small business community in internal control/anti-fraud program design and implementation. For the past thirty years, he has performed forensic investigations and related forensic services for various businesses and agencies. He is a nationally recognized speaker in fraud detection, prevention, and internal control design methodologies. He is a graduate of Texas Tech University with a Bachelor's of Science degree in Accounting and holds a certified public accountant certificate in Texas as well as a certificate as a certified fraud examiner.
- Author(s)Steve Dawson
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication29/05/2015
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleWiley Corporate F&A
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight402 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine53 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.