All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInternal dialogue is the voice inside our heads that we can't igre, even when we want to. We second-guess ourselves, pass judgment on the world around us, and are at our most emotionally vulnerable. And the same needs to be true for our characters. Internal dialogue is one of the most powerful tools in a fiction writer's arsenal. It's an advantage we have over TV and movie script writers and playwrights. It's also one of the least understood and most often mismanaged elements of the writing craft. In Internal Dialogue: A Busy Writer's Guide, you'll learn... - the difference between internal dialogue and narration, - best practices for formatting internal dialogue, - ways to use internal dialogue to advance your story, - how to balance internal dialogue with external action, - clues to help you decide whether you're overusing or underusing internal dialogue, - tips for dealing with questions in your internal dialogue, - and much more! Each book in the Busy Writer's Guide series is intended to give you eugh theory so that you can understand why things work and why they don't, but also eugh examples to see how that theory looks in practice. In addition, they provide tips and exercises to help you take it to the pages of your own story, with an editor's-eye view. Most importantly, they cut the fluff so that you have more time to write and to live your life.
- Author BiographyMarcy Kennedy is a science fiction, fantasy, and suspense author, freelance editor, and writing instructor who believes there's always hope. Sometimes you just have to dig a little harder to find it. In 2007, she won the suspense/thriller category of Writer's Digest's Popular Fiction Competition, and in 2009, she won the grand prize. She's also the author of the Busy Writer's Guide series. Alongside her own writing, Marcy works as a freelance editor and teaches classes on craft and social media. You can find her blogging about writing and about the place where real life meets science fiction, fantasy, and myth on her website.
- Author(s)Marcy Kennedy
- PublisherTongue Untied Communications
- Date of Publication17/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTongue Untied Communications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight165 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.