International Agricultural Trade and Market Development Policy in the 1990s by Policy Studies Organization (Hardback, 1993)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $106.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $115.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat policies are feasible today and likely to be effective in developing markets and reforming agricultural trade in the 1990s? Outstanding scholars from several disciplines and from various countries evaluate the major alternative policies and principal scenarios for regional trade and market development in the current global ecomic and political environment. This text assesses prospects for a marketplace strategy of agricultural development, revealing a considerable range of opinion on the subject. Students, scholars, institutional analysts, and policymakers concerned with international political ecomics, agricultural policy, international trade, the politics of developing countries, and U.S. foreign policy will find this a practical guide for understanding the critical role of public policy in the organizing of efficient markets. This study points to the potential impacts of policy reforms in the USSR, Eastern Europe, and developing nations; describes current practices in agricultural trade development; offers regional perspectives on agricultural trade and market development; and outlines a broad range of opportunities and initiatives that may arise in the coming years. This useful survey and expert assessment ends with a brief listing of some of the most important and useful materials for understanding the critical issues and opportunities confronting the United States in the next few years in the areas of agricultural trade and market development.
- Author BiographyJOHN W. HELMUTH is Adjunct Professor of Economics and Assistant Director of the Center for Agricultural and Rural Development at Iowa State University. Previously, he was Chief Economist for the Committee on Small Business of the U.S. House of Representatives and has held positions with the U.S. Department of Agriculture and Commodity Futures Trading Commission. He also served as Executive Coordinator of the 1988 World Food Conference. DON F. HADWIGER, Emeritus Professor of Political Science, Iowa State University, is the author of many articles and books on food and trade policy and agriculture pollitics. He has served with the U.S. Department of Agriculture and is currently co-editor of the Policy Studies Journal with William P. Browne. He edited World Food Policies: Toward Agricultural Interdependence (1986) and Farm Policy and Agricultural Technology (1987).
- Author(s)Policy Studies Organization
- Date of Publication18/02/1993
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleContributions in Economics & Economic History
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 143
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight512 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byDon F. Hadwiger,John W. Helmuth
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.