All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis authoritative book examines the what, why and how of international comparative research. It offers a comprehensive topic-based overview of the theory and practice of comparative research and addresses the possible concerns of those both funding the research and using the findings. Drawing on illustrations from the extensive international literature as well as real-life comparative studies, the chapters guide readers through the many stages in the research process, from research design and data collection to the analysis and interpretation of findings. In a book that crosses national, societal, cultural and disciplinary boundaries, the author: * Pinpoints practical problems and directs readers to tried and tested solutions, including multiple method strategies. * Draws on examples of policy transfer to examine how comparative research can inform policy making * Provides guidance on the management of international research teams and projects. This resource is the ultimate reference tool for students, researchers and practitioners undertaking comparative research projects in international settings across the social sciences and humanities.
- Author BiographyLINDA HANTRAIS is Emeritus Professor of European Social Policy at Loughborough University, UK; Visiting Fellow at the Centre for International Studies, London School of Economics; and Member of the Academy of Social Sciences, UK. Her publications include Social Policy in the European Union, now in its third edition, and Family Policy Matters: Responding to Family Change in Europe.
- Author(s)Linda Hantrais
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/11/2008
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note5 black & white tables
- Weight320 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.