All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last three decades, there has been a greater interdependence between ecomies than ever before due to fragmentation and outsourcing of production processes, increasing mobility of people, international capital flows, and flexible exchange rate regimes. International Ecomics initiates students to these changes in the global ecomic scenario by combining current research and new perspectives with conventional theoretical wisdom. Complementing trade theories with relevant trade empirics, the book analyses a wide range of policy issues in the present wave of globalization relating to product standards and regulations; impact of environment on trade; labour and quality standards; bilateralism, regionalism, and multilateralism, with a focus on debates at the WTO; the growing expansion of service exports; and the linkages between trade and inclusive growth. Unlike most textbooks on the subject that begin with model-specific discussions, this book takes a distinctively different approach. It first introduces the basic principles underlying international exchange, trade, and exchange rate policies, and then goes on to offer alternative theoretical explanations for these principles by using specific models of trade. Accessible and up-to-date, the book offers handy study aids in the form of clearly defined summary concepts, keywords, case studies, problem-solving exercises, and suggested reading for students and teachers of international ecomics.
- Author BiographyRajat Acharyya is Professor, Department of Economics, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- Author(s)Rajat Acharyya
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication14/11/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight826 g
- Width185 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.