All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume sheds light on contemporary theoretical work and research, on a range of national and international polices, and on education reform in developing countries. International Education has become an increasingly prominent and urgent matter in recent decades. Since the 1990 and 2000 Education for All conferences in Thailand, and Senegal, educational access and quality have been important parts of a global development agenda. More recently, the United Nations Millennium Development Goals have called for dramatic increases in educational access and ensuring equity for those disadvantaged by national and regional power structures. International Education for the Millennium offers a detailed and comprehensive look at this vitally important field. Centrally concerned with the development of successful education systems and institutions throughout the world, the volume addresses those pressing questions about access, equity, and quality that inform the field today. The volume sheds light on important areas within this vast field: on contemporary theoretical work and research; on a range of national and international policies; and on education reform in developing countries. A volume that considers international education on the global, national, and local levels and that addresses theoretical, scholarly, and practical matters International Education for the Millennium offers an impressive array of ideas, perspectives, and resources for scholars, policymakers, and practitioners.
- Author BiographyEdited by Benjamin Piper, Sarah-Dryden-Peterson, and Young-Suk Kim
- PublisherHarvard Educational Review,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/03/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Review,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width419 mm
- Height419 mm
- Spine629 mm
- Edited byBenjamin Piper,Sarah Dryden-Peterson,Young-Suk Kim
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.05New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.