All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book traces the process by which national elections became international events or, more precisely, what the effects of this process are on state sovereignty. Contrary to the conventional wisdom in International Relations - to judge by the neglect of this phemen in the literature - this book argues that the study of IEM does t belong only in the field of comparative politics. As a system-wide phemen, IEM should t be restricted to the study of purely domestic politics or of foreign policy. This book contends that sovereignty has been partially transformed by the recent emergence of IEM. Furthermore, the author locates the origins of this change in the Americas, claiming that the western hemisphere's rmative structure - what Santa-Cruz calls the Western Hemisphere Idea (WHI) - was particularly conducive to this new understanding of state sovereignty. This is the first work to engage the issue of IEM in a comprehensive manner from a theoretical perspective. International Election Monitoring, Sovereignty, and the Western Hemisphere covers a broad and relevant scholarly literature, and the cases comparisons widen the book's appeal, since they illustrate a useful range of experience.
- Author BiographyArturo Santa-Cruz is Associate Professor at the Department of Pacific Studies, University of Guadalajara. He is the author of Un debate teorico empiricamente ilustrado: La construccion de la soberania japonesa, 1853-1902, editor of What's in a Name? Globalization Regionalization, and APEC, and co-editor of Globalization, Regionalization and Domestic Trajectories in the Pacific Rim: The Economic Impact. He has published several articles in refereed journals in Australia, Chile, Great Britain, Mexico, South Korea, and the United States.
- Author(s)Arturo Santa-Cruz
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/12/2005
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleStudies in International Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.