All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 21st century, anthropogenic (human-caused) environmental change is widespread and serious on the global, regional/transboundary, and local levels. Emphasizing the environmental, social, and human damage caused by n-sustainable development, International Environmental Law and Policy for the 21st Century, Second Revised Edition by Nanda and Pring, provides readers with an incisive and integrated approach to the political, ecomic, scientific, and techlogical realities and challenges facing international environmental law and policy today. This provocative new book offers invative chapters on such crucial current imperatives as: * the nature and scope of the challenge; * first principles of international environmental law; * environment and human rights; * environment and the nexus of international trade, finance and debt; and * the unfinished agenda. Traditional subjects covered include the history of international environmental law, the law of the sea, international freshwater resources, cross-border air pollution, ozone depletion and climate change, the techlogy of chemicals manufacture and transport, disposal of hazardous waste, preservation ofand biodiversity, environmental impact analysis, and regulation of nuclear energy. The book also features a critical examination of the UN's activities on the environment, starting from the 1972 Stockholm Convention on the Environment, up to and including the 2012 Rio+20 Conference on Sustainable Development. With new chapters devoted to critical energy and population issues, and a new section on corporate social responsibility, International Environmental Law & Policy for the 21st Century is an essential resource for students, scholars, lawyers, public officials, corporate decision-makers, and technical consultants concerned with environmental issues.
- Author BiographyVed P. Nanda, BA, MA (1952) Punjab University, India; LLB (1955), LLM (1958) Delhi University, India; LLM (1962) Northwestern University, is the Evans University Professor, Thompson G. Marsh Professor, and Director of the International Legal Studies Program at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law; biography and publications at www.law.du.edu/index.php/profile/ved-nanda. George (Rock) Pring, BA hons. (1963) Harvard University; JD hons (1968) University of Michigan, is a Professor of Law at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law; biography and publications at www.law.du.edu/index.php/profile/george-pring.
- Author(s)George Pring,Ved P. Nanda
- Date of Publication12/10/2012
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleInternational Environmental Law
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.9
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintMartinus Nijhoff Publishers
- Weight1134 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.