All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionInternational acquisitions are failing at a rate of three out of four and international location decisions two times out of three. Where does corporate management locate a new facility or find one to acquire that will best satisfy the business objectives of survival and growth? A variety of decision making methodologies have emerged from the literature, but which are most workable? Schniederjans surveys these and other methods, analyzes and explains them carefully, and provides a new approach to help optimize the location selection decision. Included are cutting-edge applications and quantitative examples that can be easily grasped and quickly applied. With detailed appendices covering sources of international information available in print and electronically, the book will be essential for upper management and others who are engaged in planning the corporation's expansion and growth. Schniederjans organizes his book into two parts. He defines his termilogy and establishes a foundation to understand the use of acquisition and location methodologies in the first part, and covers the use of one or more methodologies in facility acquisition and location analysis internationally, supported by current research findings, in the second part. Included in his four appendices of source material is one that lists currently available computer software that supports the methodologies covered in the book. The book will also help save consulting fees and help redirect the study of its topic to make the facilities acquisition and location task yield more reliable results in coming years.
- Author BiographyMARC J. SCHNIEDERJANS is Professor of Management at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He has served as a consultant and trainer to business and government, as an advisor to companies ranging from small organizations to international conglomerates, and as technical expert on assignments throughout the public sector. Dr. Schniederjans is author of 12 books, including two published by Quorum: Operations Management in a Global Context (1998) and Advanced Topics in Just-in-Time Management with John R. Olson, (1999). He has also published widely in the journals of his field.
- Author(s)Marc J. Schniederjans
- Date of Publication30/09/1999
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight507 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.