All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe international monetary system is characterized by vast numbers of daily transactions involving huge sums of money. In an increasingly globalized world ecomy, these trades can have ermous repercussions on ecomies and can occasionally cause currency, banking and financial crises. International Finance provides comprehensive coverage of the theory and practice of the balance of payments, exchange rate determination and the international money system. It includes both traditional and modern theories in the field and provides an extensive overview of the empirical evidence on the theories and concepts discussed. Key benefits of the fourth edition: * New chapter on the global banking crisis * Coverage of new financial instruments such as Collateralized Debt Obligations and Credit Default Swaps * Up to date coverage of the European sovereign debt crisis * Extensive case studies illustrating how theory applies to the real world of international finance * Improved pedagogical features and a comprehensive companion website International Finance is essential reading for undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA students of International Finance, International Ecomics and International Monetary Ecomics. Visit our companion site for additional student and lecturer resources.
- Author BiographyKeith Pilbeam is Professor of International Economics and Finance at City University, London, UK. He teaches on the international programmes of Boston University and has been a Visiting Professor at the European University Institute in Florence. He is President of the International Economics and Finance Society (UK), undertakes consulting work for a number of City financial institutions and advises the UK Foreign Office on international economic issues. He is the author of International Finance, Finance and Financial Markets and Exchange Rate Management (Palgrave Macmillan).
- Author(s)Keith Pilbeam
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/02/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1992
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note25 black & white line drawings, 25 black & white tables
- Weight1124 g
- Width190 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.