All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSport and game play can truly serve as an international language and this book provides a wealth of opportunities for teaching adolescents about the world while also helping them build the motor skills necessary to being successful in a wide variety of physical activities and sports. In this new book, each game is presented in a standard, easy-to-use format with a games finder and includes interesting information on the country of origin. The games included in the book will encourage students to tie it into a project in order to gain a better cultural understanding. Teachers will benefit from this book by using it in a classroom setting, either as part of a skill development unit of multicultural unit, or in conjunction with other subjects such as social studies or geography.
- Author BiographyGayle Horowitz is currently a physical education teacher at John Bowne High School, Flushing, NY and is responsible for creating and implementing physical education lessons, games and practices. Horowitz is also the head coach for the girls varsity volleyball team and has responsibility for the safety and well-being of all students.
- Author(s)Gayle Horowitz
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note1 illustrations, 9 photos
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.