All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionNina Bascia, Alister Cumming, Amanda Datw, Kenneth Leithwood and David Livingstone This Handbook presents contemporary and emergent trends in educational policy research, in over ?fty chapters written by nearly ninety leading researchers from a number of countries. It is organized into ?ve broad sections which capture many of the current dominant educational policy foci and at the same time situate current understandings historically, in terms of both how they are conceptualized and in terms of past policy practice. The chapters themselves are empirically grounded, providing illustrations of the conceptual implications c- tained within them as well as allowing for comparisons across them. The se- re?exivity within chapters with respect to jurisdictional particularities and c- trasts allows readers to consider t only a range of approaches to policy analysis but also the ways in which policies and policy ideas play out in di?erent times and places. The sections move from a focus on prevailing policy tendencies through increasingly critical and outsider perspectives on policy. They address, in turn, the contemporary strategic emphasis on large-scale reform; substantive emphases at several levels - on leadership and governance, improving teacher quality and conceptualizing learning in various domains around the tion of literacies and concluding, ?nally, with a contrasting topic, workplace learning, which has had less policy attention and thus allows readers to consider both the advantages and disadvantages of learning and teaching under the bright gaze of policy.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSpringer International Handbooks of Education
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.13
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1888 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAlister Cumming,Amanda Datnow,David Livingstone,Kenneth Leithwood,Nina Bascia
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.