Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionIncreasing interdependence and rapidly changing relationships among nations have given rise to growing concerns about health problems worldwide. Medical education is central to the future provision of health services in the emerging world order. This major reference work presents the history, evolution, current status, and future direction of medical education in 28 countries around the world, and describes current issues and trends in each. The countries profiled represent a broad range of political, ecomic, and social conditions. Following introductory overviews and discussions of global issues in medical education and evaluation, each chapter describes the health care delivery system; role of national policy; undergraduate, graduate, and continuing medical education; licensure and certification; and international linkages in a particular country. Each chapter includes detailed statistical information and extensive references to additional resources about each country. The volume also includes comprehensive information about relevant national and international organizations, institutions, and govenment agencies that influence medical education policy determination and implementation; it provides basic biblographic source material for all major topics and for each country.
- Author BiographyABDUL W. SAJID was Head of the University of Illinois at Chicago Department of Medical Education and Associate Dean for Undergraduate Medical Education in the College of Medicine at the time of his death in 1992. He was a member of the Expert Panel Group on Health Manpower of the World Health Organization, and he served as Executive Secretary of the Governing Board of the National Council for International Health. uCHRISTINE H. McGUIRE is Professor Emerita in the Department of Medical Education at the University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, where she served as Associate Director and Head of Research and Evaluation from 1961 to 1987. She is internationally known as a lecturer and consultant to medical schools and certifying bodies. REBECCA MONROE VEACH is Editor and Staff Associate, Department of Medical Education, and Assistant to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Medical Education at the University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago. LAURA R. AZIZ is a Research Specialist with the Center for Health Services Research, University of Illinois at Chicago, and was formerly a Research Associate with the Department of Medical Education at the University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago. LINDA K. GUNZBURGER is Professor and Associate Dean of Curriculum/Educational Research and Development at The Chicago Medical School.
- Date of Publication20/06/1994
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight960 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byAbdul W. Sajid,Christine H. McGuire
- Foreword byGeorge E. Miller
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.