All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInsider trading. Savings and loan scandals. Enron. Corporate crimes were once thought of as victimless offenses, but w-with billions of dollars and an increasingly global ecomy at stake-this is understood to be far from the truth. The International Handbook of White-Collar and Corporate Crime explores the complex interplay of factors involved when corporate cultures rmalize lawbreaking, and when organizational behavior is pushed to unethical (and sometimes inhumane) limits. Featuring original contributions from a panel of experts representing North America, Asia, Europe, and Australia, this timely volume presents multidisciplinary views on recent corporate wrongdoing affecting ecomic and social conditions worldwide. * Criminal liability and intent * Stock market and financial crime * Bribery and extortion * Computer and identity fraud * Health care fraud * Crime in the professions * Industrial pollution * Political corruption * War crimes and gecide Contributors offer case studies, historical and sociopolitical analyses, theoretical and legal perspectives, and comparative studies, featuring examples as varied as NASA, Parmalat, the Italian government, and Watergate. Criminal justice responses to these phemena, the role of the media in exposing or minimizing them, prevention, regulation, and self- policing strategies, and larger global issues emerging from ecomic crime are also featured. Richly diverse in its coverage, The International Handbook of White-Collar and Corporate Crime is stimulating reading for students, academics, and professionals in a wide range of fields, from crimilogy and criminal justice to business and ecomics, psychology to social policy to ethics. This powerful information is certain to change many of our deeply held views on criminal behavior.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/11/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1453 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byGilbert L. Geis,Henry N. Pontell
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.