Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook discusses 33 nations in terms of abortion's legal status, development of the policy, availability of contraception and abortion services, abortion rates, fertility trends, and the demographic/socioecomic profiles of affected women. The amount of data consolidated in one volume is prodigious, providing information t readily available in any other single source...In terms of policies and data, the book is excellent. Library Journal This unique work assembles in a single volume data from several continents on the general pattern of legal activity pertaining to abortion, as well as service delivery, the incidence of abortion, and the profile of aborting women. Each of the thirty-three essays in the Handbook surveys in depth the historical development of abortion policy; the role of the medical profession, news media, religious and women's organizations, and other groups in legislative enactments; and demographic data concerning women who seek abortions. Also dealt with are the relation between abortion, fertility behavior, and family planning policy and programs; the incidence of, complications from, and morbidity as a result of illegal abortions; and abortion research.
- Author BiographyPAUL SACHDEV is Director of the MSW Program, Indiana University School of Social Work.
- Author(s)Paul Sachdev
- Date of Publication28/06/1988
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight923 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.