International Hospitality Management: Concepts and Cases by Alan Clarke, Wei Chen (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $66.28Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.06+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInternational Hospitality Management: concepts and cases brings together the latest developments in global hospitality operations with contemporary management principles. It develops a critical view of the management practices and the traditional theories, analysing how appropriate they are to the hospitality and tourism industries in a multicultural context. International Hospitality Management is designed to instil a greater awareness of the cultural factors influencing the strategies and performances of hospitality organization. This approach focuses on a critical analysis of the relevance and application of general management theory and practice to the hospitality industry. Consisting of eleven chapters to meet with the average semester duration, each deals with a major topic of international management, with thoroughly developed with consistent learning features throughout, including: * Specified learning outcomes for each chapter * International case studies including major world events and issues such as the riots in Paris, fast food lawsuits, tipping, corporate social responsibility as well as studies of international corporations such as Marriott, Hilton, Intercontinental, McDonalds, Starbucks, Disney and many more * Study questions and discussion questions to consolidate learning and understanding * Links to relevant websites and consolidated list of further reading at the back of the book * Online resources available for lecturers and students including downloadable figures from the book, PowerPoint slides, further cases and extra exercises and points for discussion. Visit the site at http://cw.routledge.com/textbooks/9780750666756/
- Author BiographyLecturer at the University of Pannonia, Hungary, and the Christel deHaan Travel and Tourism Research Institute at the University of Nottingham, UK. He has held visiting posts in Spain, Hungary and the Philippines. Lecturer in tourism and hospitality at Sheffield Hallam University. He has written about the pressures on China of greater tourism and has experience of working in the international hospitality industry.
- Author(s)Alan Clarke,Wei Chen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/06/2007
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.