All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInternational Human Resource Management provides a concise overview of the rich HR landscape in Europe to help students develop cutting-edge people management approaches. The invative, multi-disciplinary approach of the book provides a holistic picture of the key issues on the individual, organizational and societal levels. The book is divided into three parts: * Part I explores the institutional and ecomic contexts that organizations face in different European countries. This section goes beyond exploring issues of diversity to include a discussion of the impact of the recent financial crisis. * Part II concentrates on the key challenges and trends facing HR, including an aging population, migration, and sustainability, and analyzes the unique and inventive ways these are addressed in different countries across Europe. * Part III focuses on the fundamental HR areas - recruitment and selection, performance management and rewards, employment relations, global careers, and so forth - and the ways in which these policies and practices are shaped by the European Union. With broader coverage, the latest thinking in the field, and cutting-edge cases, examples and insights, this book will prove a highly valuable resource for students, researchers and practitioners working in human resource management, and international business.
- Author BiographyMichael Dickmann is Professor of International Human Resource Management and Director of the MSc in Management at Cranfield University, UK. His research interests are predominantly in international HRM and global careers. He is Editor of The International Journal of Human Resource Management. Chris Brewster is professor of international human resource management at Henley Business School, UK, Vaasa University, Finland, and Radboud University, the Netherlands. He researches international and comparative HRM, and has published more than 25 books, and almost 200 journal articles. Paul Sparrow is Director of the Centre for Performance-led HR and Professor of International Human Resource Management at Lancaster University, UK. He is Lead Editor of the Journal of Organizational Effectiveness and is included in the Top 10 Most Influential HR Thinkers for Human Resources magazine 2014-2015.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white tables, 19 black & white line drawings
- Weight816 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byChris Brewster,Michael Dickmann,Paul Sparrow
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.